Looking for a recipe as refreshing as Spring Season?
Fish and fresh veggies are an unbeatable combination. Seasoned with bay leaves, these fish fillets are accompanied by fresh asparagus and cherry tomatoes.
- 1 cup uncooked sushi (short grain) rice
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 cup alfalfa or bean sprouts
- Optional: Sliced green onions and sesame seeds
How to Prepare
Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a resealable jar, whisk vinegar and sugar until dissolved; add red onion. Seal and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 weeks. In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and chili sauce; refrigerate, covered, until serving.
In a large skillet or wok, toss chicken, soy sauce, sesame oil and honey. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chicken is heated through, 5-7 minutes. To serve, divide rice among 4 serving bowls. Top with chicken mixture, avocado, cucumber, sprouts, pickled onions, spicy mayonnaise and, if desired, green onions and sesame seeds.Step 2
Per Serving: 1 bowl: 539 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 606mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.